Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas and the S.O.B.

Well, it's been over a year since I've posted anything. Can you believe it?! I can't. 2015 has completely flown by so fast, I have whiplash. Whenever I start something like this (eg the blog, or a journal, or pretty much anything ever), I start out all stoked and work hard on it consistently, and then the motivation or the ideas fade away. After my post about my butt-date, I couldn't think of a thing to write about. But for some reason, my fingers have been itching to type out something or other, so here we are again.

First of all, let me just get these random observations I made today out of the way:
1. Tic Tacs came out with a new flavor for the holiday season. What do you think their imaginations came up with? Give up? It's candy cane. So... mint? Is that somehow different than all of your other mint flavors? Is this really all the marketing department could come up with?
2. Makeup is equally ridiculous. I saw an ad for a new "Nude" palette of eyeshadow. I can't remember which brand it was. But there were like 3 different shades of green. Tell me, who exactly is your target market?

                           Maybe she's born with it. Maybe it's Maybelline. (But she's probably born with it.)

The Christmas season is upon us. The day after Thanksgiving, I went over to my friend's house to help her put up her tree and decorations. We listened to Pentatonix holiday music, and it was wonderful. A couple days after that, my roommates and I decorated our apartment. We even decorated stockings to hang above our fireplace.


                                                                                 Of course mine is the only blue one. 

My Christmas tree is soooo pretty. The colors are all silver and blue, and the lights twinkle. I wish we could keep it up all year round. Here are my favorite ornaments, though.

These are the ones with more sentimental value. I'm just realizing that most of them are snowmen. Oh, well. The snowman in the blue sweater is the ornament I got when I lived in Alaska. The mustachioed Minion is from a cereal box, but I think it's funny. The green flower I got from a cute boy in Hawaii when I was visiting Robyn there several years ago. The ballerina reminds me of my favorite ornament on my parents' tree. I tried to get one just like it, but it's made of porcelain, and I've just never found one. I just love that it's so delicate and graceful. Mine's not made of porcelain, but it's still pretty. Then there the ornament that just looks like a cup make out of wood, because, well, that's what it is. It's a little mini guampa I got in Paraguay.

What else is going on... Oh, I had my last final for the semester today. I really enjoyed my classes. I had a pathophysiology class that was really tough and I'll probably end up retaking it to get a better grade, but my professor was a rockstar. His name is Dr. Bracken; he's the kind of person that I want to be. He's been a doctor for a long time, but he's not bored of medicine, nor worn down by the medical system. He would get teary-eyed once in a while talking about certain patients or certain diseases. He had a lot of funny stories, too. One that I remember was when he was writing on a patient's chart that she was short of breath. Later on, he got called in by his bosses because the lady was in a huff about what he had written on her chart. That's when he realized that she was so mad because he had written in medical shorthand, "Patient is S.O.B." Poor little old lady.

In other news, I've once again started the process of losing weight. I'm trying to do things a little differently this time around. Whenever I go to the gym, I always feel better, and it also makes me want to eat better. So I've been going to the gym once or twice a day, and it's been really fun. As soon as it stops being fun, I'll try new things to keep me from getting bored or hating it. So far my favorite part has been Zumba, which is basically a big dance party. I've definitely got a lot to learn, seeing as my brain shorts out every time we have to do a move with our arms AND our legs at the same time, but I'll get better. If anyone ever wants to work out with me, you're welcome to come along. Especially if you're a hot guy. Then you're definitely welcome. But you know, even if you're not, that's cool, too. Speaking of hot guys, there's a LOT of eye candy at this gym. Why has it taken me so long to go the gym before? Who the heck knows, but I'm converted now.

Anyhoo, from my point of view right now, 2016 is looking pretty good. Bring it on!

1 comment: