Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Where the Magic Happens

Tonight I was thinking about how easily I get stuck in a rut. A few weeks ago, I would drive around town with a smile on my face, simply because I was happy with how things were going, and how good I felt about myself. Today (my day off), I kept trying to motivate myself to do anything productive, but ended up watching at least half a season of "Scrubs." (Worth it!) Maybe I'm feeling this way because pretty much everyone that I've met down here in Provo is either graduating, starting new jobs, moving, getting married, or all of the above. All I can say is, "TGIATEOWS," or in other words, "Thank goodness it's almost the end of wedding season!"

About this time last year, I was doing a lot of the same things that my new friends are doing now: moving on to new adventures. I love that feeling. However, I'm not feeling it right now. I have a pretty set routine/ schedule. It's time to revamp it. This summer has been a lot of fun so far, and it's not over yet. I just need to remember this:

                                                  I'm trying to live by these words.

On a related note, as I was just thinking about this, a friend of mine just posted on Facebook, "Lucha por lo que quieres porque nadie lo va a hacer por ti.." or in other words, "Fight for what you want, because nobody's going to do it for you." Also something that I needed to hear from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. i love you erin! you're pretty darn amazing!

    i love hearing this. i love the truth. i love that you recognize that feeling. i have felt that for a long time too.

    my mom always told me, no one really cares about your success and your happiness—no one is going to just give it to you— you have to go get it.
    and boy do i need to be reminded of that often.
    gotta get up and get some of that happiness!
    you're one of my most favorite women on this planet. you are gifted with a really clear, intelligent mind. you are incredibly thoughtful and loving. and i love you!

    i hope this week gets better girl! im always here to chat! =]

    ReplyDelete