Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Hobbits Have It Right

Hey, peeps. I know I promised to write more about that diet that I'm on. Instead of writing about it, I wanted to show a video that pretty much sums up what a struggle it is to be on a diet. This is Jenna Marbles, a vlogger. She swears a lot, so don't watch if you don't like that.


I laughed super hard at this. Almost all of those words have come out of my mouth! "How did that get in my mouth?" "I'm gonna drink this whole glass of water... Oh yeah, it's making me so full!"

One of the things that I'm liking more and more about my diet is that I get to eat stuff that I like. I'm getting better about thinking outside of the diet box (the "I have to eat veggies all day every day" sort of mentality). I don't like having to sit there and plan every single calorie that I have to eat throughout the day, but at least in the end I have a menu that's easier to follow than most, because I like what I'm supposed to eat. (It's been much easier since we took yogurt off the menu.)  Sometimes I want to go to the drive thru at McDonald's and order 6 cheeseburgers, but then I look at my menu and think, "What? I get to have pancakes with real syrup?!" And then all of a sudden eating 6 cheeseburgers and a salad doesn't seem like that much of a temptation.

And I get to eat delicious food (in the right proportions and quantities) 7 times a day. Every day. Like the hobbits, with their first breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, onsies, and whatever the names of their other meals are.

On that note, it's time to eat scrambled eggs and cheese. Mmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment