Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Realization

Yesterday I had a significant realization about my future in regards to health and weight, and I can see my future very clearly. I realized that no matter how much weight I lose, and no matter how confident I feel in my eating habits, I will always have to be careful. Every day I eat healthy is a like a day an alcoholic is sober. For an alcoholic, even 2, 5, 10 years down the road, something could happen that could trigger all those emotions and habits, and if they're not careful, they could relapse into the same downward spiral as before.

I imagine my life being very similar. Right now, every day is a fight for "sobriety." Right now every day is a struggle for me. I know that it will get easier. But 2, 5, 10 years down the road, I will have to remain strong and aware of the things that trigger my bad habits.

I know this sounds dramatic, but I really feel like I am fighting for my life. Does that make any sense? But hey, it's a good fight, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment