Monday, October 1, 2012

Dating and Dog Poo

Lately I have tried to get more into "the game," aka "dating." My first goal was actually TALKING to boys. I accomplished this yesterday at our ward Break the Fast. Thankfully there were two empty spots at a table with mostly girls and two boys. I was hyperventilating as my roommate and I walked to the table, but I quickly calmed down when I managed to sneak the seat that was not next to the guys. Thank you, roommate, for being the buffer.

Kevin and Ben were very nice. We chatted and laughed and I almost flirted with Ben (not that I know how).

Tonight I went to FHE without my roommates, which also meant that I went without anyone that I know. The bishop set up an outdoor theater for us. Everyone else brought camping chairs to sit on and sweaters for the cold. I brought myself and an Arby's chocolate shake.

When the movie started, I saw a cute guy sitting up in the front "row" of the lawn without a blanket that was sitting by himself. I also saw the opportunity to meet another guy in my ward, and after hesitating for a second, made my way over to him and asked him if I could sit down. He said of course, so of course I sat down.

I promptly smelled dog poo.

Panicking was not an option. I just sat down next to a cute boy! However, there's really no inconspicuous way of checking out your own butt to see if there's dog poo on it. Actually, I take that back. There's no inconspicuous way of checking out your own butt PERIOD. I could not believe that I might have just sat in dog poo, anyway!

I couldn't see any on my pants, but I could still smell it. I was pretty sure I wasn't sitting in it, at least. Needless to say, it was a very uncomfortable 90 minutes of "Kung Fu Panda." It was a risk to lean back on my arms or shift my weight or anything. That stuff was somewhere, and it was close.

The movie ended and I got out of there after saying one or two sentences to the boy.

However, this is why I stay away from boys. Bad things happen.








2 comments:

  1. Hilarious. I don't know what I would have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... I enjoyed this story very, very much. Please keep trying to get to know people in your ward, if only for my amusement.

    ReplyDelete